Friday, August 27, 2010

Challenge #62 - Anything Goes - Softpencil Sponsor


Hello CSAYL Friends! Well it's challenge time again and this week our fabulous sponsor is Softpencil. Whoohoo! Gosh, Soft Pencil have such cute digital images. Be sure to stop by Softpencil and check them out!

This week our challenge is a little different. Just to change things up a bit, the challenge this week is to create a non-Christmas card. Yup, you read correctly. This will be a great time for you to maybe create a Halloween, Thanksgiving, Birthday or any type of card. Anything goes!



Just a little info about Softpencil

Hello everyone! my name is Elizabeth Pujalka and I´m the illustrator and designer behind Softpencil, home of Michu and his lovely friends, where you can find cute illustrations for your crafting needs.

In addition to my line of digital stamps, I´ve just released new lines of high quality clipart, printable papers and DIY printables thay you can´t miss out!

I create my characters in my home-based studio near the most beautiful park in the city.
I invite you to know my whimsical world plenty of gorgeous animals and sweet, little boys and girls and to enjoy creating with them!

The winner of this week's challenge willa be a $10 Softpencil gift certificate. How fun is that!! The challenge ends on Thursday, September 2nd midnight PST and the winner will be announced on Friday, September 3rd so be sure to check back to see if you've won!

To play along. . insert the link to your card below (click on the blue "add your link" button). If you are unable to link it, please comment this post with the link to your card. If you upload your cards on SCS or PCP, please add the key word: CSAYL and the title "CSAYL62. We hope you'll play along this week.


Guest Designer

Carmen of Beyond the Fringe Crafts




Hello, my name is Carmen. My earliest memory of scrapbooking goes back to before it was considered a craft. I had a photo album to which I added cartoon cut-outs, Chinese money bags, four leaf clovers and whatever else appealed to me at the time. Officially, I have been scrapbooking about 7 years, with a more recent focus on card making. I’ve always been a creative person who loves to sew, make soap and play classical guitar. I write short stories, poems and non-fiction articles as well, and I love to read!

This experience involved a few firsts for me, as it was my first time being a guest designer, my first time using digital stamps, and my first time using alcohol ink markers. I really enjoyed the process of putting this together, and I hope you like the card I designed! It was created with my son in mind, who just bought a new home. The sentiment reads, Congratulations on your new ‘pad.’

Thanks so much for the opportunity to participate!

Carmen


Check out the fabulous cards created by the design team:





12 comments:

Elizabeth P said...

Wow!!! the DT creations are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I´m really impressed! :)

Very good luck to all the players!

inlovestamping said...

Great group of cards ladies! It was fun to do something a bit different this week and what a nice bunch images we got to use!!!

Connie

Unknown said...

Super cute cards from the DT! :)

Tine said...

Hi ladies. This theme was just to see who was paying attention...LOL. Great fun, and glad to join in with your Challenge. Hope you like my card.
Tine :)

Anita said...

Thanks for a great challenge. Loved the DT designs.

Shelly said...

Tried to link my card twice and it isn't working. So here's my link:

http://inkyhugz.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-that-glitters.html

Awesome cards, DT!!!! You all do top notch work.

Lau W said...

All cards are beautiful !
Good luck for all !
xxx

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

I've tried twice but my entry isn't being shown. Here it is

Miria said...

Thank you for the unusual challenge. Great DT cards! Hugs. Miria

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Your blue froggy doesn't want to post my entry, so here it is

Sassy Scrapper said...

Awesome cards from the DT!
Hugs Bonnie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Those are some adorable DT creations!!! And I paid attention ;)

Deanne :)